We have an exciting new opportunity for a part-time Student Wellbeing Officer to join our Psychology team.
This is a 0.8 FTE position over 5 days a week for 12 months with the possibility of extension.
- To effectively run and manage the college’s space for students to drop in for mental health breaks and support (Chill Out Space)
- To provide admin support to key wellbeing staff
- To contribute to the College’s preventative wellbeing programs
- To provide pastoral support that responds to the vision and values espoused by Genazzano FCJ College
- Registration as a Social Worker/Occupation Therapist/Nurse/Counsellor to relevant regulatory body will be highly regarded
- Experience working with children and young people (from 5 to 18 years) essential
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development essential
- Knowledge of adolescent group dynamics and friendships
- Experience developing group programs and facilitating small groups, highly desirable
- Understanding of the philosophy of a Catholic College
Please see the attached Position Description for more details.
Genazzano is a Catholic school that embodies the charism of our founders, the sisters Faithful Companions of Jesus and is inspired by Ignatian spirituality. The College shares with their community a future-oriented and distinctive learning culture guided by reflection, wisdom, and service and empowers young children to transform the world with hope and care. Each person’s dignity is an essential element in how the College lives out its vision and promotes the safety, wellbeing, and inclusion of all children and young people.
Applications should include your current CV and a cover letter outlining your experience and suitability for the role.
Applications close on 1 December 2023.