The Genazzano Rowing program is one of the most prominent schoolgirls’ rowing programs in the country. It has nearly 40 years of proud history and is complemented by the College’s whole sport program, including recently refurbished Physical Performance Centre, and a supportive parent community.
The College is seeking expressions of interest from highly skilled, reliable, and motivated casual rowing staff for the 2022/23 season for the following roles:
- Coxswain Coach at Genazzano Boatshed, Hawthorn (may be combined with a crew)
- Junior & Intermediate squad coaches at Genazzano Boatshed, Hawthorn
- Coxswain Coach at Footscray City Rowing Club, Footscray (may be combined with a crew)
- Senior squad coaches at Footscray City Rowing Club, Footscray
Applicants must be available: 18 July 2022 – 24 March 2023 inclusive and must attend all on-water coaching sessions, camps, and regattas. Land training hours are available as required by the Head of Rowing.
The coaching schedule*for each squad is as follows:
Monday 3.15-7.00pm water
Tuesday 6.10-8.00am land
Wednesday 5.10-8.10am water
Thursday 5.10-8.10am water
Friday 3.30-6.00pm land
Saturday 5.50am-12pm water
Monday 3.15-4.30pm land
Tuesday 5.15-8.00am water
Thursday 3.40-5.15pm land
Friday 5.15-8.00am water
Saturday 6.15-8.45am water
Monday 5.15-8.00am water
Tuesday 3.45-5.15pm land
Thursday 5.15-8.00am water
Saturday 9.15-11.45am water
*Subject to change
Additional hours include:
- various Saturday Regattas throughout Term 4 and Term 1,
- day training camps in December 2022 (dates to be confirmed, circa 5- 9 December),
- residential training camp in January 2023
- the Head of the Schoolgirls’ Regatta in March 2023.
Please specify the roles in which you are expressing interest.
- NCAS Level 1 coaching accreditation
- Working With Children Check
- National Police Record Check
- Marine license
- Level 2 First Aid accreditation
- Senior coaches to hold a medium rigid vehicle driver’s license or are willing to gain such qualification.
Genazzano FCJ College promotes the safety, well being and inclusion of all children and young people. Our staff are committed to protecting students from abuse or harm in the College environment in accordance with their legal obligations. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College's Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct. Applicants will be required to undergo police and background checks in accordance with this policy.