Reflecting the ideals and values of FCJ education, Genazzano FCJ College aims to promote the spiritual, moral and intellectual formation of its students so that they develop into Catholic women of faith, strength, ability and knowledge to provide leadership in the broader community. The Vision and Mission Statement describes the Genazzano graduate as a young woman with a passion for life, a love of learning and the courage and confidence to serve others. Other features identified include a quality religious education, an intensive co-curriculum and an active engagement with issues of social justice as the means by which this vision can be achieved.
Genazzano Early Learning Centre (ELC) is a co-educational 3 and 4 year old program. The program blends the rich traditions of the Reggio Emilia Approach through listening to children, providing provocations and a breadth of learning opportunities – the 100 languages of the child. Collaborative research and inquiry based learning best suits this approach and gives sense and meaning to the children’s learning.
At Genazzano, we value and build strong partnerships with families to support each other in the journey of developing responsible, contributing future members of our community within & beyond the Genazzano gates. Our teaching style recognizes young children best develop where there are predictable routines, consistency of approaches and expectations, and where strong relationships are formed with teaching staff and peers.
The primary purpose of the ELC Co-Educator is to assist the Lead Teacher to deliver and promote learning within the program.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Possess a recognised Certificate III or be working towards a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care (or equivalent as recognised by ACECQA)
- An understanding of the Reggio Emilia approach and demonstrate the ability to support the incorporation of this approach into the curriculum
- Demonstrated ability to support and implement a quality curriculum
- Demonstrated ability to implement the NQF, NQS and EYLF
- Demonstrated experience and commitment towards Early Childhood education
- Innovation and flexibility in delivering to individual children within their learning environments
- Well organized, and strong time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and use initiative to problem solve
- Collaborative, flexible team player
- Accepting of all families, children and staff members
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- The incumbent will require a Working with Children Check and a National Police Record Certificate
- Current first Aid certificate HLTAID004
- Employed in accordance with terms and conditions of Victorian Catholic Schools Multi Enterprise Agreement 2018
- This is a part time 3 day per week position as an Education Support employee Category B